Thursday, April 29, 2010

Beading Experiments: Wire-Wrapped Wine Glasses


These were a wedding gift for a friend, so I'd been waiting to hear from her that she'd seen them before uploading any pictures . . . but now it's time!


This is something new that I was trying out. I made a set of wine glasses wrapped with silver-plated copper craft wire. Each glass has a different color of beads in the wire wrap, 2 crystal beads and one square bead with silver foil inside. The design of each glass is otherwise similar so they match as a set. Almost as though they've got built-in wine charms! They do need to be washed carefully. I made an open spiral at the top and bottom of the wire wrap, and hammered just a bit to harden them. In between the wire is wrapped fairly freely, so each looks slightly different.


I've uploaded more pictures to my website. I thought they made a great wedding gift, but I'd love to hear your feedback. If people like them, maybe should I add a set to my shop!

Copyright 2010. See more at Voyage of the Hyperspace Hippo

1 comment:

  1. GORGEOUS!!!!! Love it!! And that color is BEAUTIFUL on you. Stunning! Love it!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...